Why an E5C?
The Eclipse 500 Owner’s Club (E5C) was initially formed by Eclipse Aviation Company in the summer of 2006. Eclipse selected three position holders (David Crowe, Dan McElroy and Ken Wolf) to serve as the first co-chairmen and take on the responsibility of putting together the club. The three, along with the help of position holder David Green, put together a Mission Statement and presented it at the October 2006 Eclipse Owners meeting. Since November of 2007 there have been elections for a board of directors. The current board of directors was elected in December of 2010 to serve in 2011. The board is made up of five owners, Marcus Adolfsson, Mike Boich, David Green, David Kleinman, and Ron Lebel.
Eclipse Aviation committed to fund the cost of an E5C website for the first 12 to 24 months, and then the members of the E5C paying dues funded all expenses since then. This E5C website serves as a hub for interaction and communication between all the members, highlighting educational articles, news, and activities of the E5C, as well as host a forum where all E5C members can candidly discuss any and all subjects having to do with the Eclipse 500 aircraft. The forum currently has more than 25,000 posts on all aspects of Eclipse.
In November of 2007, the club became a totally separate self funding entity under the management of the members . Dues of $125 per year for full membership were put into effect. As discussed above, elections were held, and a 5 person board made up of elected members conduct the business of the club.
Since December of 2009, anyone can join the E5C by paying dues and have access to all the forums and activities of the association. Eclipse owners, Eclipse rated pilots and Lifetime members are the only members eligible to vote and hold office.
This is YOUR club. Please read the E5C Mission Statement and then join today. We look forward to your lively participation!
The E5C MISSION STATEMENT
E5C EXISTS TO SERVE THE NEEDS AND WELL-BEING OF ECLIPSE AIRCRAFT OWNERS AND PILOTS AROUND THE WORLD
The Eclipse 500 Owners Club will:
• Bring together like minded individuals to share the joy of aviation and the delight of flying the Eclipse aircraft.
• Foster the highest levels of safe Eclipse aircraft operations.
• Provide a timely, thorough and unvarnished two-way communication link between Eclipse Aerospace and Eclipse owners and pilots covering all aspects of the Eclipse aircraft and its operation.
• Provide an education forum and information exchange for Eclipse pilots and owners on all aspects of the Eclipse aircraft.
• Serve as general aviation role model by benefiting the communities where we work and live.
To accomplish this, the E5C will:
• Establish a constructive, mutually beneficial relationship with Eclipse Aerospace and key representatives of the aviation community.
• Meet with representatives of Eclipse Aerospace on a regular frequency.
• Provide an exclusive web-site for timely and valuable information exchange among E5C members, Eclipse Aerospace, and aviation professionals.
• Host periodic events where members can:
Meet and enjoy each others company, and share insights and information.
Attend educational and informational seminars from knowledgeable experts.
Receive hands-on instruction in the safe use and maintenance of the Eclipse 500.
• Participate in charitable activities benefiting the aviation community and society.
The Key VALUES of the E5C are:
Proactive and Continuous Education
Open and Frequent Communication
Passionate Community Involvement